What your dentist in Akron wants you to know
Restorative dental implants can turn an incomplete smile into a work of art by restoring both the chewing function and the beauty of your smile. Dr. Arthur Benson in Akron, OH, wants to share the facts about dental implants and how they can change your smile and your life.
If you’ve been living without teeth you may have noticed:
- You don’t smile anymore because you are embarrassed
- You have lost your self-confidence and self-esteem
- You have difficulty chewing the foods you love
When you choose dental implants, you are on your way to smiling again. You won’t be embarrassed by your smile because you will have a full, white smile you can be proud to show off. Your confidence will return because you will know that your dental implants won’t move around the way dental appliances can. Thanks to dental implants, you can also get back to chewing the foods you love.
There are other benefits you will enjoy with dental implants. Consider:
- Dental implants resist staining and won't ever decay, ensuring you will always have a beautiful smile
- Dental implants look completely natural, just like your teeth, only better
- You can clean your dental implants by simply brushing and flossing
- Your dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care
Your dental implant procedure begins with the placement of the implant, during a simple in-office procedure. The implant is made of titanium and looks like a screw.
Titanium has the unique ability to fuse with bone, so after the implant is placed, your body will create more bone to fuse with the implant and lock it securely in place. After the implant has healed and is embedded in bone, a beautiful new dental implant crown is placed on top of the implant.
Dental implants can replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth, and can also support a dental appliance; the choice is up to you. No matter how many implants you choose, you will enjoy a highly successful treatment because dental implants have a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Don’t wait to get a great smile. Call Dr. Arthur Benson in Akron, Ohio to find out more about dental implants. Call today!